Monday, December 12, 2011

We are in Kiel!

So, we made it all the way to Kiel!

We actually arrived last night and slept here, so it is really home now.  I slept 12 hours. Happy, lucky me.  The only one who has gotten more sleep is Chestnut:
 

The blanket she is sleeping on is a gift from my MIL.  MIL is not  a 'dog person', and in fact, as a child she was once bitten by the family dog and has been hesitant around canines ever since.  That is, until she laid eyes on this particular pup.   Definitely a special creature :)

As I write, I have the television on in the background.  I have just discovered something I would have thought was an oxymoron:  German stand-up comedy.  I changed to CNN international.  I want to protect some stereotypes, thank you very much.



Anyway,  the kids are very happy here, though I told them tomorrow they will have to go outside.  (Why mama, why do we have to go outside?)



No, I can't figure out how to rotate this.


I was surprised to see the sun a bit last Friday morning, and I think a little yesterday (through the gray haze).  It may actually be partly cloudy next Thursday (fingers crossed!). I wonder if there will be a line to get into the playground?



M was kind enough to put out some of my pots, with effective lighting and all!  Very thoughtful, I think.




M is off to Brussels, of course, so I am here on my own with the boys.  He'll be back Friday, so it is a short trip.  He said that he doesn't " want to go, if that makes it any better". "No, I said, it doesn't make it better. If you had said, "I am going to have such a great time.", then it would be appropriate for me to be angry.  But I don't get to be angry, because it sucks for him too... shouldn't there be some kind of ying-yang principle to apply here?

Oh - random thought.  I went shoe shopping today (apparently wearing shoes that are not waterproof and warm makes for an uncomfortable winter).   I turns out, Germans do not typically make the same shoe in narrow, medium and wide widths.  There are shoes that are 'wide', and those are the ones a freak like me needs to buy.  And they are quite a bit less attractive than the 'normal' width shoes.

We found a pair at gut zu fuss.  Nice, but at 165 euro, they better be.  At least they fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment