Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Today's adventures

So, today we waited for the wind and rain to stop, and for my friend Jo to arrive.  I didn't know when she was arriving and because my phone was not working, she couldn't tell me...she did make it here, at about 3:30.

Poor jo,

I dragged her to IKEA to buy a couple of dressers so we can start putting the clothes away.  I was an ok trip, but since it was so late in the afternoon when we left, it had gotten dark.  Now, I had a navigator - something absolutely crucial for those of us with seriously impaired night vision.  Somehow, we missed the turnoff and went on until it was clear we were very far from town and we should turn around.  When I tried to turnaround, I entered what I thought was a parking place.  Apparently, this was the bike/walk lane.  My Bad.

j

2 comments:

  1. So, stick or automatic? And how's "rechts vor links" working out for you? That was the hardest rule for me to grok, coming from a "main street over alleyways" country. Happy IKEA assembling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. M's parents left us their automatic for the time being. I keep forgetting the right-of-way rules. Plus there are all these cryptic signs that I don't understand (blue circle with a red 'x' and little white arrow in various places??? No clue what that means. A car with a red line through it - but everyone is driving there so it doesn't mean 'no cars'?)

    I also discovered that I really shouldn't go out alone after dark. There are no street lights outside of the city! Just really, really dark country roads where every now and then a car comes hurtling toward you at 130 km/hr.

    As for the assembling, it is as easy as pie. I hand the directions to Z, and he tells me what to do :)

    ReplyDelete