Monday, December 19, 2011

Sunshine on My Shoulder

For all you Cliff de Young fans out there... There was sunshine on my shoulders for the past 3 days!  That's right, 3 straight days of sunshine (ok, 'days' are only about 7 hours long - but still!).  We saw blue skies and went on walks (I skipped, so giddy and full of vitamin D was I.)  The boys are hoping for a white Christmas, but my favorite color is blue...

I was very busy trying to expose my psyche to as much light as possible, so I didn't take any pictures.  Hopefully, there will be a couple more days with sun while we are here and I can take a few shots to post for y'all.  (Is anyone other than Liz reading this?  Should I be addressing these as personal letters?)

4 comments:

  1. Janice.

    Why not checking out new Sports. THW Kiel is leading the Handballbundesliga. Handball is fast paced, unknown to most Americans and played around the globe. Tomorrow is the next home game. And the best is, everybody in town knows where the team plays, no maps necessary. Andreas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's Cliff de Young? Yes, you do need to carry your camera with you EVERYWHERE, because you never know when a blogging opportunity will present itself. The photo I never took but sorta wish I had was (from a quarter mile away, and respectfully, of course) of the drunk wearing a Santa hat on a park bench in an empty park on a drizzly winter day in Neuf Brisach. If ever there was a poster boy for a depressing city, he was it. When you consider that Google searches for "Colmar and Neuf Brisach" are one of the top reasons people arrive at Wadlstrumpf, you can understand what a nice accent a photo like that could have been. http://wadlstrumpf.blogspot.com/2009/11/neuf-brisach-and-colmar.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    I'm reading, but lurking.
    Anyhow, solstice today, it's only getting lighter and better from here.
    You're over the hump, tell Martin he can pay me now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Cliff de Young

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_on_My_Shoulders. The song is really a John Denver song, but I had the Cliff de Young 45.

    Re: Handball. I know the game. We called it 'European Handball' when we were forced to play it in PE class in Junior High. Most of us preferred 'American Handball', a game delinquents played against the wall of a building to keep entertained while skipping school (It is a game you can play while smoking. A strict requirement for delinquents.)

    ReplyDelete