Saturday, January 7, 2012

Germany is Grayscale

I woke up early the other day (8:30) and so I had the opportunity to see the sunrise!  It's not so impressive, watching the sky go from dark gray to light gray...  I will take this as license to sleep in for a couple more months.  Just kidding.  The kids start school on Monday, so early (and dark) mornings are just around the corner.

When the sun does come out, there is only morning and evening:  the sun skirts the horizon, never really coming up overhead, so there is really no afternoon.

Seriously, the rainy-to-sunny day ratio is now 30 to 7.  Can this be real?  I am starting to think that all those old 'black and white' German movies I have watched were actually shot on color film.  Germany is really grayscale, and the newer movies have color added after-the-fact.

What I find really funny, is that all the photos I see on brochures are  in full sun.  I think, as soon as the sun comes out, all the Germans run outside with their cameras and take pictures of blonde children smiling and riding bicycles or windsurfing.  Or maybe it's photoshop?

No comments:

Post a Comment