Saturday, May 26, 2012

Canines and Canoes

I have the best dog in the Universe.

Ok.  I cannot speak for the entire Universe, as I have no idea what extra-terrestrial dogs are like, even in general - but - at the very least, I am continually impressed with my little Magnificent Mutt.

We went on a little canoe tour today. (We being myself, M and J.  Z is off on a sailing/windsurfing weekend with the Fussball team.  I know.  Nice life.)  Oh, and Chestnut came with.  Yes, our lovely little doggie in a canoe.  We paddled for about 3 hours.  At first, she pawed at the water over the side, and I feared she might jump ship.  (I actually asked the 'Canoe Guy' if they had life vests for dogs.  M was mortified.  I maintain that such things exist: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=Dog%20Life%20Jacket&adid=22222222220018693521&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=b&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=15218855138&wl4= .  And, you can get them at Walmart....)

Chesnut stayed aboard, very interested in the ducks and various other waterfowl.  But she never barked, never whined - even though she was a bit nervous at first.  After a while, she just did what she always does at home.  She just curled up and went to sleep.

A fein Hund indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment